Why choose us for your dental care?
Cavities in Sault Ste Marie, ON
Cavities are very common but luckily they are preventable and treatable!
Cavities can result in tooth loss, which can lead to severe oral complications. For this reason, learning how to catch them, prevent them, and treat them is important.
- Improper brushing and flossing
- Poor overall oral hygiene
- High sugar and starch content in diet
- Smoking and drug use
- Low fluoride
- Dry mouth
Your dentist may recommend a couple of options based on the size of your cavity. For smaller cavities, a dental filling may be installed. This process involves a composite material that replaces the decayed tooth to improve health, functionality, and appearance of the affected and surrounding teeth. Larger cavities may require a dental crown to surround and protect the affected tooth after the decay has been removed.
- Maintain a proper oral hygiene routine including good brushing and flossing techniques
- Eat a balanced diet and lower sugar and starch intakes
- See your dentist for regular checkups/cleanings
Our job is to show you what we see in your mouth, educate you on your options, and let you make the best decision for yourself. We never push unnecessary treatments and always give you options.